Saturday, October 2, 2010

yearning for tartan spirit

I have had nothing short of an awesome time since I have been at the University of Stirling. However, now that I am rounding out my first month here, I still feel like I haven't had enough of a Scottish experience. Thus far it sort of feels like a less awkward freshman year of college. I am getting to know the new school and the area and settling in. I have met people from canada, spain, germany, france, australia, england and scotland. Yet this campus environment still feels very college and not yet like the cultural experience i had been hoping for. I want to spend less time at bars with 3 pound cover and mixed drink pitcher specials and more time in dingy pubs with locals that I can't understand. We seem to have done an okay job in edinburgh and munich, but our time in stirling has been a little less authentic. I am making it a personal goal to have some experiences like this story I read on glimpse:

http://glimpse.org/stories/view/i-won-a-bottle-of-scotch-by-making-everyone-cry/


luvs and pubs,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment