Thursday, October 21, 2010

flying fish

so I can't update or load pictures, as I am about to leave for BELGIUM!!!! but I thought I would tell you a quick story to let you know I am alive and because I am still laughing about it 5 hours later.

SO
this morning I had a 9am outdoor lab. I was running a little late (surprise surprise) and I ran out the door to meet char downstairs to walk to class. I was in my outdoorsy lab clothes and so I was propelling through the stairwell from the sheer awesomeness of my hiking boots. In my hands was a sheet of tinfoil (travel plate) holding two crumpets (they are like english muffins) with some lox (smoked salmon) perched on top. I turned a corner, and BAM a guy was walking up the stairs in the opposite direction. I was caught off guard completely and I screamed and jumped and my lox and crumpets went
saaaaaaaaillinnnnggg
through the air. one crumpet stayed put, the other flew over his head onto the stairs below him, the lox from the airborne crumpet landed somewhere near it on the stairs, and the lox from the stationary crumpet landed perfectly
on the white sleeve of the unsuspecting victim.
I was so surprised and embarrassed and in a rush that I just sort of screamed and laughed and scurried and apologized, but obviously not after taking the lox off his sleeve and putting it back on my remaining crumpet.
Oh also, turns out he's kevin's roommate (for those of you who have forgotten, kevin was the confused and drunken uninvited bedfellow that confused charlene's bed for his own earlier in the semester.)

I will leave you with that visual, and next time I update will either be after Belgium or after the Scottish highlands tour!!!!!

lots of love and airborne lox,
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Every time I read this, I die laughing!
    It doesn't even matter that the element of surprise is gone, I laugh in anticipation of what will come next!
    Thank you for not letting this
    fleeting moment go unrecorded. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!

    This is truly a hysterical story! I can picture the whole scene. But, so curious...what was the unsuspecting victim's reaction?

    ReplyDelete